Friday, January 25, 2008

Quiet Time & Isaiah, of course!


I have been very inconsistent lately with how I treat others. I feel like I am Bi-Polar. Sometimes I am a joy to be around, other times people don't want to be in the same room with me. I notice that there is a strong correlation between the days that I am pleasant to be around and the days that I am diligent with my morning Bible study. Amazing huh?

I have also realized that doing my Bible study in the evening leads to an increase of knowledge & understanding, sometimes quickly forgotten by morning, but often doesn't produce the opportunity to live out what I am convicted of during my study. What I am getting at is this; when I read Philippians 2 in the morning about Christ's humility and how he humbled himself to the point of death on the cross, and how I am supposed to imitate that level of humility, I regard my morning commute as a trying time to refrain from getting angry at bad drivers. However, it is much easier than if I leave the house w/o doing any form of study. So yes, this is an appeal for all to do their quiet time in the morning, but more so, it is an apology to all that I have been a pain in the butt to over the last two years!

While I am posting, I just have to say that there is no greater joy, aside from the knowledge of Christ's saving blood and His love for us, than being a parent, especially to lil' Isaiah! As I watch my buddy interact with his son, I am reminded of how exciting a time it will be when we get to take our boys out to their first sporting event, or their first go-kart race! However, thanks to some great wisdom from those around us, I am truly enjoying the period our boy is in right now! That said, I will leave you with a picture (What kind of Dad doesn't brag about their children)!

By His Grace...

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how the Lord encourages us no matter when we enjoy fellowship together, but He surely knows that it is more beneficial for His children to meet Him in the morning so He is on our minds the whole day through.